- Valid HTML 4. While it looked like XHTML would become
the standard for long time, HTML is getting a lot of attention again lately.
The reason is the current bad support of XHTML in browsers
and the huge number of pages with an XHTML doctype but HTML 4 contents.
Zine currently sticks to HTML 4 and we will make the switch to
either HTML 5/XHTML 5 or XHTML 2, depending on what is best supported
at that time.
- Atom support. Zine supports the most recent
Atom standard for best
interoperability with other applications and web services.
- Extensibility. Zine is built on a solid core that
is extensible via plugins. These plugins can change or amend nearly
every part of the application.
- Pingback support. Zine comes with full support
for cross-blog communication.
- Simple web setup. The initial web setup helps you
to get Zine running in less than two minutes.
- Unicode readiness. Zine internally uses unicode everywhere.
This allows you to write posts in any language and also
mix different languages in the same post.